Thursday, January 12, 2012

all we need is LOVE

I can’t believe how long it has been since my last post….wowza.  I was hoping 2012 would come in easy breezy, but so far it’s trying to compete a little with crazy 2011.  

Still so much good in my life…I feel truly blessed. 

Oh, and I want to say hey to all my new friends!  Thanks for coming along!! Wishing all my friends a Happy New Year! (better late than never, right? ;)

I really enjoy this time of year…a nice refreshing start after the rush of December, my birthday month and then Valentines Day and our wedding anniversary! 

I feel full of LOVE!  So, I am making the jump onto Valentines Day

photo 1 (13) photo 2 (13)

If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you may have seen what I was playing around with last night.  I changed up my first Thanksgiving, then Christmas, now Valentines Day vignette.  I am either sharing ideas on how to be really lazy in your decorating, OR how to be really creative and resourceful by using what you already have in every holiday throughout the year. ha! ;)  Either way…I am quite pleased with this LOVE-ly  display.

photo 4 (9)

I changed up my GIVE THANKS sign by removing the sharpie with rubbing alcohol (it did work!) and then adding in this sweet love phrase(which carries so much truth) in the same way…you can get the instructions {HERE}.  I really love the simplicity of this.

photo 3 (9)photo 2 (10)    photo 5 (7)   photo 3 (11)photo 2 (12)

The iced cherry blossoms transition perfectly into Valentines Day.  I replaced the little Christmas signs with my heart cut outs… made from tracing a heart cookie cutter onto a Starbucks Christmas bag.  The red and white work perfectly.  I just made sure to not get any one part of the design that looked too Christmas-y.

photo 1 (12) 

I added in a couple more red accents… my garage sale books, a wood heart, and the gorgeous ribbon I used {last year} wrapped around my lamp shade with jute twine. 

Oh, and some love birds of course:)

photo 3 (10) 

Do you decorate much for Valentines Day?

Home Stories A2Z

The Shabby NestA Little Knick KnackTickled Pink at 504 MainValentine Link Party Button

6 comments:

  1. I admittedly don't do any decorating for Valentine's day. I do love your touches, though =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT! I have never decorated for V day but now I'm going to. Plus, it is my anniversary so I should go all out. LOVE your decor.

    xoxo, T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and I like the fact that you can change the sentiment on the glass so easily ! Happy weekend ! Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it ALL! The bucket, the wooden box, all the colors. Your cabinet is stunning! Sorry I'm just gushing. Pretty and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The frame is a great idea, I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)