Friday, September 9, 2011

Easy Chalkboard

IMG_1883

This is my very inexpensive chalkboard.

IMG_1580 IMG_1581

I found this little rooster plaque at Hobby Lobby for a few bucks.  I loved the frame, but the metal insert doesn’t really fit my decor.  I simply popped out the rooster and put in a dollar store canvas.  I had to trim it down a little, but it was easy to do.  I just measured and cut.  Once I new my canvas fit I took it out and gave it a few coats of chalkboard paint.  Note: This was the first time ever I had used chalkboard paint…I know, where have I been? ;)

photo

And, here she is!  So inexpensive… Easy to put together & I love it.  Remember if there is part of something you love and part you’re not so crazy about see if you can change it up.  I love the lines and color of the frame and wanted to use it somehow and I found a simple way to do so.  Sometimes if it is too much work  or costly to do it’s not worth it, but if it is an easy fix like this then go for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are much appreciated! :)