Saturday, September 10, 2011

If Your Belt Breaks, Make Something Out of It

IMG_0250

My very favorite thrift store belt broke.  I was sad.  I love the warm worn leather…the metal details…the rustic quality…the story it may tell.   I thought of ways to fix it and then it hit me…use it in a different way.

IMG_0251IMG_0146IMG_0252

I’ve had these little mirrors from Hobby Lobby that were $2 each.  I thought the elegant detail of the mirrors was a great contrast to the rustic belt.  I used Gorilla Glue epoxy to attach them securely to belt.  I add a piece on the bottom as well to finish off the look.  I let it dry for a few hours just to make sure.  Using my hand weights…I knew they were good for something;)

IMG_0246

To make the hanger I simply looped some ribbon through the belt where the buckle would go.  Again another contrast to the worn leather for a unique look.

IMG_0244

What do you think?  It is now one of my favorite pieces in my home and a reminder to think outside the box!

rustikchic

Here is a sneak peak of another idea that spurred from my broken belt…Stay tuned for an exciting announcement!

Linking UP!

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
UndertheTableandDreaming


5 comments:

  1. Great idea and it looks so chic.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS REALLY COOL! VERY ANTHROPO LOOKING! LOVE IT,
    HUGS
    MANDY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genious! I love the way you've repurposed your awesome belt! And, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet note about my "tease" of Fall! *Becca* (your newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! What a great way to repurpose that belt!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)