Friday, July 23, 2010

Customize Your {store bought} Flowers

IMG_1176
Purchasing flowers from a florist can be pricey and maybe not always available as needed.  Here is a way to quickly customize you store bought bouquets to give them a professional florist look.
IMG_1175
I picked up a bright and cheery bouquet from Costco for $9.99.  I grabbed a vase I had hanging around.  You could also use more unconventional items, jars or vintage thrift store finds.  I then simply arranged the flowers in the vase, paying attention to varying textures and colors to make the arrangement pleasing to the eye.  There is no perfect way.  Think of how flowers grow in nature.  They just grow as they please and still look beautiful!  A lot of times bouquets like this are some what arranged already.  So if arranging them sounds overwhelming, try keeping the flowers all together while placing them in your vase.

IMG_1174  IMG_1167 IMG_1169
Next, I took some curly willow and placed a few tall pieces around the center of the arrangement.  This adds some height and again, a more custom look.  You could even clip a few branches of something similar from your yard.
IMG_1170
To customize (do you think I’ve used that word enough? ;) even more, I wrapped some ribbon around the vase and added a hang tag appropriate to the occasion.  To add interest and another element, you could hang a little charm, vintage keys are some other unique item as well.  Adding stones or sliced lemons, limes, or oranges in the bottom of the vase is also a nice touch.  The possibilities are endless…just add your own personal touch and go for it!


Linking with…
The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday
FrugaliciouFridaybutton-1

5 comments:

  1. I just adore the colors and it looks so professional. I especially like the twigs that you added. Thanks for sharing your tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good...thanks for the tips! Hope you have a FUN weekend!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty arrangement...thanks for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    If you haven't already, check out my new linky party Marketplace Monday. This is for Etsy and on-line boutique owners to link up their fabulous products and merchandise. It starts Monday and lasts all week long...it's FREE ADVERTISING!

    check it out www.decormamma.blogspot.com/

    Jane
    FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me on Twitter :o)! Your arrangement turned out gorgeous! I love the tag so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your arrangement is lovely and I love the added touch of the tag! Ribbon around the vase is one of my favorite tricks too so I'm loving that as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)