Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Moss Egg Basket


I am "eggs-tra" excited to share this little project with you. (sorry, I couldn't resist)  I love to make something special for little or no money and I love a challenge.  So when I heard about Living With Lindsay's $5 Challenge, I knew I was down...or up. ;)

The rules are:

- Create a new Spring decor item for your home using only $5 worth of items purchased at a dollar store – i.e. Dollar Tree, Dollar Store, Everything’s $1.00, etc. The $5 does not include sales tax.
- You may use the following supplies *if* you already have them on-hand – paint, glue, paper, fabric, tools.


I went to dollar tree and this is what I got.  A bag of moss,  (as some of you may know, I have a love of all things mossy!)  a bag of plastic eggs, jute twine and a little copper bucket.  Each $1.  I was going to use the egg sign and paint it, but I decided not to.  {I will show you what I did with it later.}

So my total cost was $4!


I painted the copper bucket with spray paint I already had.  Heirloom White, of course, and then put an atique glaze that I already had as well.  I then painted the eggs in a green spray paint I had to make them all the same and add a little texture to hold on the glue and, you guessed it...the moss!
 

Next, I wrapped my twine around the eggs in various ways and then put them in my cute little bucket.  I tied a little twine bow on the side and she was done!  A sweet and simple spring project for under $5.  Who would guess?









Gettin Linky with it...










giveaways

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage




Categorically Crafting @ Someday Crafts

22 comments:

  1. Love them! They came out beautifully and at a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonders never cease!

    I wouldn't have thought to cover eggs with moss and twine...what a great idea. Under $4 is such a bargain! I need more crafts like these...thanks.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't beat the price, and it looks adorable with your own signature style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love, love, love this! I am afraid I will have to copy you! There is something about all that pastel Easter stuff that I resist, but I can get my mind around moss covered eggs wrapped in twine! Thank you for a breath of fresh Easter air!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, you so 1-upped my creation! love yours way more!

    now i know where i'll be coming for ideas!

    thanx for following me! right back atcha!

    angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project! That little basket is adorable... perfect for those gorgeous eggs!

    ~Jennifer
    www.studiojru.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love the natural look that is has. Very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project! You are a clever and crafty girl. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I have seen lots of takes on the moss egg...but yours is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a lotta bang for you buck (sorry I couldn't resist that either). This really is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fabulous! I love the rustic natural feel! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative! Great project, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO ADORABLE!!! I love this project. Great job my dear!

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  14. So far this has been my favorite! I am going to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok, this is CUTE! I've seen so many plastic egg re-dos lately and this is by far the cutest. I love your wreaths too. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bah-hahaha! You are so punny!
    I think your project is eggstremely cute!

    Tied up with twine = One of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous! I am featuring them at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love these, so cute for spring - i am seriously going to have to make these - thanks!

    Sausha @ {show & tell}

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)