Saturday, June 25, 2011

Painted End Table

 2011-06-03 001 
Like I have mentioned, I am working on updating our family room.  Lightening it up…adding some different colors and making it feel less… brown.  Here is another example of how paint can totally transform a piece of furniture.
I’ve had this little Pottery Barn end table for 12 years!  I bought it when we were first married & I was working as an apprentice at my mom’s hair salon.  We were really tight on money so using my hard earned $49 at the PB outlet seemed like a huge, frivolous purchase. I think I have got my money’s worth by now. ;)
It is sturdy and functional, but just not cohesive with the direction I am headed style wise in this space.  By simply painting it and changing the hardware, it has taken on a whole new look…and I like it mucho better now!
IMG_1343   IMG_1968 
        To achieve my desired look, I first used Martha Stewart’s Cobblestone paint and then a layer of Martha’s Flagstone, painting in a very casual manner.  I sanded the edges a little and I may even add some glaze to give even more contrast and distressing.  I bought my knobs on Ebay for $2 each & I lightly dry brushed them as well as the existing hardware with the same paint.
IMG_1938
It’s coming together people!!  I am feeling excited about the direction I’m headed with the updates.  It already feels some much better in there!
Happy Weekend!

Weekend Bloggy ReadingUndertheTableandDreaming



8 comments:

  1. Nice update, Krista! I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with the changes you are making. I can't wait to see the final results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful transformation here! That's a really neat piece of furniture and I really like the color you used.
    Thanks for sharing at Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely piece and nicely updated with the paint. I love leather seating (we have a leather couch too) and yours looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is by far the prettiest table ever:) good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're table looks GREAT! I love to paint furniture to change the look of it. This is a great example of how a coat of paint can transform a piece. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Krista, I just found your blog through Pinterest. I am now your newest follower. I really like your style and can't wait to come visit again and see what you're up to.

    Blessings,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really neat piece of furniture and I really like the color which you used. Due to I like to appreciate for sharing at Sunday Showcase.
    save a marriage

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)