Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Trimmings~FREE Home Decor

Around this time of year most of us do a fall cleanup in our yards, right?  Maybe?  Even if you don’t the plants start to change and usually die or fall off anywhere, so why not embrace their beauty in every stage?  So beyond twigs and leaves, look at the other foliage and see how it dries out.

IMG_0626 IMG_0625 IMG_0624

These are my pretty bushes.  If this was a gardening blog I might be able to tell you the type, but it’s not, and I can’t. ;)  I have quite a few around my yard and it the summer they have a pretty little purple flower on them, but I even love how they are drying out,  so I snipped a few off and brought them indoors for a  beautiful accent.

   IMG_0660    IMG_0659 IMG_0655 IMG_0634

I also made this

IMG_0640

Into this

IMG_0614IMG_0601

And let’s not forget these

IMG_0589

So we have all ‘shopped’ our homes,

                                                    but when is the last time you‘shopped’ your Yard?

Bring it in for some free & fabulous home accents.

9 comments:

  1. Girl, that wreath you made is incredible. I love shopping my yard. You shopped yours very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wreath. Love, love LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wreath is beautiful!! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo pretty love the wreath.. funny I'm always clipping my boxwood and making wreaths now they are looking kinda wimpy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wreath! I need to use things in my yard more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Krista, Your wreath is wonderful! I love that you used things from your own yard to create it. The whole vignette with the pumpkins is beautiful.
    xoxo, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I love using real elements in wreaths. How did it end up drying?

    Donna
    http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath is adorable ~ I love it!

    I am hosting a new linky party on Wednesdays ~ FALL in Love With Your Home. I'd love for you to join in the fun.

    Have a very happy Labor day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)