Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Little Spring Spruce Up

IMG_1279 
Here is an EASY update for a functional {but otherwise boring} mail holder.  I was garage sale-ing with my Grandma and we found this little guy for $1.00.  It holds mail and opens up to house keys as well.  She thought it would be nice on her desk.  But, sorry Grams…it’s non cute.  
So…..
IMG_1196 IMG_1199
By simply gluing on a wood appliqué it already looks better, right?
I then painted and sanded it and added some glaze.  I took out the photo holder and added some burlap and a sweet sticker and slid it back under the cover.
 IMG_1277  ‘
There you go…
A simple, fast update to make a boring desk accessory more pleasing to the eye. :)
Head on over for some more inspiration….
this blessed nest
PhotobucketShow and Tell GreenDomestically Speaking
Get Your Craft On Tuesday

5 comments:

  1. That is VERY cute. I love it all! The color, the medallion, the burlap...it's all stuff I love on one piece! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wood embellishments are so helpful in making things cute, Krista! It looks wonderful now. I added an embellishment to a little old collectibles shelf myself recently and I think it totally changed the look of the piece {along with the new paint job}! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great deal! I love the color!
    Connie
    (the crafterbug)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out great! I love the color. Just came across your blog and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. there she is!!!

    how are you?

    such an awesome idea, but no surprise that you came up with it!

    thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

    happy weekend.
    kellie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)