Thursday, January 27, 2011

Feeling the LOVE

I don’t do a ton of Decorating for Valentine’s Day, but I do like to give it some recognition.  January is always kind of blah and it feels good come February to enjoy another Holiday and brighten up my home with maybe some hope for Spring to arrive soon!  I know there are cynics out there who are not fans of this holiday, but I have many fond memories of it.   Why not have another reason to celebrate and spread love, right?  Plus our wedding anniversary is the 16th so it makes it even that much more special in our home. :)

IMG_1056

 Here is a simple display that I quickly put together.  I kept a few pieces from my Santa vignette and added to them.  I ‘loved’ up a twig wreath to hang above the cabinet and added a rose picture I had in my stash.  {watch for the super easy tutorial!}

I also changed out the shade of my lamp with a $2 thrift store shade to which added the beautiful ribbon my aunt gave me.  Do you remember the ribbon from my July 4th decor?  I love it!  & added in with all this, it screams Valentine’s Day.

IMG_1066

A few love birds on my vintage scale and some more green to encourage the Spring feeling.  I shaped my little berry wreath into a heart as well.  I also kept my thrift store candle stick trio from before…think romantic candlelight….minus the candlelight…but it implies an idea, right? lol ;)

IMG_1062

By simply combining your everyday decor of “Valentine” colors or theme, you can create a subtle touch of the LOVE  it your home.  Don’t be afraid to move things around in your home and use them in a different way. 

**For some tips on creating a balanced display, go check out my Spring Vignette from last year.**

Joining in the fun…

Visit thecsiproject.com

11 comments:

  1. Love this! Love your blog. I'm a follower. I'm working on a few projects, so please visit me in the week ahead. Happy Valentine's Day.
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this it looks so pretty!! I just started following your blog too I look forward to some upcoming posts. Come check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Thanks!! Have a good day!

    ~Allyson~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous. Love the hits of red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so lovely! You did good.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! I love that lamp and touches of Valentine's day flair (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOO cute! Love it all! Makes me "in the mood" to finally get to my Valentine's Day decorating!

    Thanks!

    Jennie {Cinnaberry Suite}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ideas. I only have one V-day vignette and you have inspired me to do some more. I love the lampshade and the two "love birds." All my birds are put away for spring, but you have reminded me that valentine's day is a great time to break out a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving your lil touches of Vday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your display and love the balance! I'm amazed at how many people sprinkle tiny objects across their mantel or table and call it a display. This is SO pretty. I think it's my favorite V-day "mantel" I saw on Beth's mantel party.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)