Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Clearance Art Turned Photo Art

       IMG_1303
Lately I feel like I am totally overwhelmed with daily life, my to do list and all the ideas floating around in my brain.  Anyone else?  Summer is cray-zay and I feel like I haven’t been productive in anything! I will say my kids are alive and well and have been to all their activities, I guess that counts for something, right?;)
Having said this, remember my {Family Photo Wall } and how I said it has taken me a while to get my family pictures from LAST fall on display?!  Well, I managed to get up a couple more…
 IMG_0506
Back in March on my search for unique, inexpensive frames for these pictures, I found these lovelies on clearance for $9 each.  They were pretty cute, but I knew I wanted to use them for my girl’s pictures.  So I popped off the backs and removed the botanical prints.  Yes silly, of course I saved them! :)
 IMG_1299 IMG_1298 
I then put in a piece of scrapbook paper and a 12x12 print of each of my girls.  I wanted to antique the tin a little more so I mixed a green acrylic paint with my smoky glaze, painted in on and wiped it off.  Each one turned out a little different.  I like that they did and now I’m thinking maybe I’ll make one look even more different from the other.  See why I feel like I never get anything finished!!  lol
IMG_1301      
I got my prints from Costco.  The quality is pretty good, but I mostly love that you don’t feel so bad about doing things with them like this because they are so inexpensive.  I could totally change this out it a while and not be out a bunch of $.
        IMG_1308 IMG_1301 IMG_1300
I love all the details in these tin frames and I really am pleased with the end result.  Inexpensive and easy custom look for around $20! Again just another reminder to think outside the box.  If you find something for cheap, you can use only part of it or repurpose it to get the look you are after.
 IMG_1301
Linking up!
Visit thecsiproject.com
 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful frames. And beautiful girls in those frames! :)

    Thanks so much for your comment about my shutter project. I LOVE how it all came out! I will be posting the wreath tutorial later this evening if you want to make one of your own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! And I agree, your girls are beautiful!
    Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comment. I was over earlier but got pulled away before I could commment.
    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I think those girls are pretty cute.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, just stunning....xoxo have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, I have so many frames thatO'd love to do this too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)