Thursday, June 17, 2010

Fleur De Lis Planter

IMG_1214
IMG_1215
Somehow I found time yesterday to finish up a project I have been thinking about for a few months.  Yes, I know, I could have done laundry…but this was a lot more fun!  Sorry.
IMG_0449
I found these garden borders at Dollar Tree back in March when I did my Moss Egg Project.  They were, you guessed it…a dollar each!  Then I found this discarded metal planter in my Grandmother’s garage and they were a perfect fit!  I simply wired them together and then panted the whole thing with spray paint.
IMG_1214
I am pretty excited about how it turned out.  I don’t know if you have priced planters like this, but cute ones can be pretty pricey.   I like my $2 one. ;)
IMG_1212 IMG_1215 IMG_1216 
I think I may line it with burlap and plant some pretties in it, but for picture purposes I stuck in some grapevine and this little planter.
Linking up!!
Visit thecsiproject.comgiveaways

4 comments:

  1. Great combo of happy finds. At the dollar store, you say? Gotta find some! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I love how this turned out! I would never have thought to put the two things together...you are so clever!

    Wonderful!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!!! How come my Dollar Tree never had those? I hate that. If they did, I missed them. Boo hoo! I just love anything Frenchy.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)