Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall into Autumn

IMG_0110
Here is a simple little update on a piece of  Fall decor.
IMG_0069       
I’ve had this little fall leaf picture kicking around for a few years and I have never put it out.  Not to say it isn’t cute, but I just wasn’t feelin’ it.  It needed an update. So I simply popped off the letters and removed the fabric leaf.  Then added some jute twine, spelled out Autumn in stickers and glued on a couple faux fall leaves in the center.  I was thinking it might be fun to change them to dried ones when the leaves start changing here, but for now I am pleased with the transformation.
IMG_0078
I really almost gave that little picture away, but I am glad I gave it a second chance.  Look what a little creativity and 10 minutes can do! 
Do you have any Fall decor that needs some new life?
Linking up…
Photobucket
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

13 comments:

  1. Krista the leaf frame is precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love those. The one with the saying is just the sweetest!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I really love this!!! Love those leaves and love the twine! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is extremely pretty ! i love the fall decor:) i just wish it felt like it here in fl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creativity! Your frame and the leaves are gorgeous! The essence of fall! I love anything and EVERYTHING fall. =) XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via This Blessed Nest.... love the pictures so inspiring ...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. It all looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my dear friend!

    you NEVER disappoint me. this is so simple but yet such a good statement piece. do you plan to keep it on your lamp? i think you should!!! it could be the new thing to replace those tassel thingys.

    this is so classic.

    thanks again for linking up, tweeting & being so supportive. it was a pleasure having you, as always!

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. I love how you have hung the frame too. I want to decorate some fall frames too. You've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it... I love how you used the jute.
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is adorable! I love it :) I think jute can just about make anything better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute redo! I love the jute. Your blog is lovely and I am now a follower! Stop by if you get the chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)