Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Mantel {Salon Edition}

 IMG_0628

Some of you may know I am a Cosmetologist by trade.  I really enjoy the art  and creativity of doing hair and makeup {and may even do it again one day}, but once I had babies, I was lucky enough to get to stay home with them.

Our family (my Mom & Aunt) own the cutest salon and they so kindly let me sell some of my creations in there and also have me decorate. *My mom could do it all herself because she is so talented, but sooo busy*  It is an old historical (built in the 1930’s) home that has been transformed into a salon.  This makes for such an inviting and warm atmosphere for the stylist and clients.  I love it!

One  day I will share a tour of the whole salon because it has such charm and character, but for now I want to show you the Fall Mantel.

IMG_0631

Like I said, the original details in this old home are amazing and I love the fireplace.  You have heard me cry about not having my own traditional mantel, so getting to play with this one makes me happy! 

IMG_0635

I made the wreath last year for the salon and I love how it brings attention to this great mantel.  I found some thrift store books and simply tied these little pumpkins to the top with just twine, which is repeated throughout.

IMG_0638 

 IMG_0643IMG_0644      

I wanted a natural organic feel, not only to continue the inviting warmth to the clients, but to also compliment the original feel of the home. 

IMG_0626

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0641

I’m hoping you’re all feeling the cozy fall feeling I wanted to invoke with this mantel.  Thanks for taking a peek!

p.s.  In case you are wondering, I was going for an aged appearance on these pics…hm…not sure if I am lovin’ it. ;)

 

Linking up…

Photobucket
 
The Nesting Place Fall Mantel Party

7 comments:

  1. The whole display is really pretty from the wreath to the books. How fun to play house somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty! I love those little pumpkins all tied up. So cute!

    xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mantle looks wonderful. I love the wreath, the books with the pumpkins and that viney pear. You did a great job on the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! Your mantle looks so festive for the season. Those pumpkins are adorable, great idea! Thanks for sharing! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely wreath, and i adore the pumpkins and books together! happy fall!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mantle is wonderful and I love the wreath you made! The pumpkins and books tied together..so cute.

    I would love for you to drop by and enter my giveaway.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl....

    how beautiful. a dear friend owns his own beauty shop (as well call it, for fun) in an old home. he uses antique dressers for the styling stations & has VERY SIMILAR decor. he didn't want to vary from the traditional setting. which i thought was so smart.

    anyways....all of this looks beautiful. love the pumpkins & books all tied together.

    thanks for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL!

    kellie

    sorry i am so late in commenting...it's been one of those weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)