Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumn Owl Vignette

IMG_0144 

I am loving my little Autumn Vignette.  Isn’t the little owl cute?  I got a lot of slack from my family when I brought him home last year, but I quite like him.  I have him nestled on top of my antique storage box {I scored for $2!} with some 75cent thrift store candle holders.  Backed by some clearance mirrors, each about $1, and a old fall leaf garland.

IMG_0152 IMG_0142

You’ll also see a grapevine pumpkin I have had for years and my newly revamped Autumn sign.  If you missed it’s little makeover you can see it HERE.  I love hanging things from this lamp.  It has a tall base which gives me room to hang unconventional decor from it, like my Egg Basket from last Spring

I used some books to help vary the heights in my display.  Layering and varying heights in your vignettes is a must.  This not only shows off your pieces, but also gives a flow to your display to make it pleasing to the eye.

*A couple quick tips for arranging accessories… Vary your heights and colors in such a way that your eye easily follows the flow.  Also, leave some space for the eye to rest.  I like to have a variety of textures and elements that compliment each other. Group like items and try to add interest and your own style.  Play around with your layout and make it feel good to you, that is most important.

IMG_0146 IMG_0146 IMG_0144

Having displays like this around your home gives warmth and character to your home which makes your guests feel at ease.  Most important though, is how it makes you feel.  If you love something and it reflects you, that is what matters most.  Creating a home that is ‘you’ and that makes you and your family comfortable and  happy is {in my opinion} the best decorating plan to follow. :)

Hooked on Houses Fall Open House

Photobucket
fallfest 

 

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips - the owl is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls! I love em:) just lovely as always...u have the best ideas and tips ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I LOVE that owl, too cute. The fall leaves and rustic pumpkin go so nicely together. XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl....

    everything you touch turns into something magical!!!

    that owl is wonderful. i heart him. i would of brought him home too. your vignette is outstanding.

    thanks for linking up 2 times this week. wow.

    kellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - looks amazing. I love that owl. His front looks like a pine cone. So adorable. What a great way to usher in the fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful. I love that cabinet and everything on it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love how all the layers work together to create a beautiful display.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!! And I really love that owl. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely fall vignette. Great tips, and I think the owl completes it. But I would have gotten slack if I brought one home too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall decor is lovely! I would have scooped up that owl in a heartbeat - he has so much character. The cabinet is really beautiful too. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your fall vignette is fabulous! And I love that Owl. He has lots of character. Found you through Melissa's linky party. I look forward to checking out more of your blog! :o)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I'm new to your blog and I'm now a follower. I've been reading some of your older posts and just wanted to let you know that I think you are so talented in your decorating! I even got up from my lap top and redid my mantel because I needed to add some heighth to the fall items I had on it.
    I'll be back soon to see more of your dollar store make overs, which I loved BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    I found your link over at This Blessed Nest while looking for fall inspiration. I love your vingette and your tips on arranging!
    I’m hosting a CSN Stores Giveaway as well as a “console table” linky party. I’d love for you to link up your vignette, eventhough it's not really a table, I just loved it! :-)and enter the giveaway!
    http://keeninspirations.blogspot.com/2010/09/csn-giveaway-linky-party-and-question.html
    It’s open til Friday the 8th at midnight.
    Happy Fall!
    Sharon@KeenInspirations

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are much appreciated! :)